What is Tofu?
Tofu is a food made from the coagulation of soy bean juice. Tofu comes from China, as does soy sauce, tauco, bakpau, and meatballs. The name “tofu” is an absorption from the Hokkien language, which literally means “fermented soybean”.
FOOD FROM TOFU
The menu is simple, the seasoning is also very simple, forget not to use candlenut too, never mind, the important thing is that the family eats well, hehe.
Tofu Stew Ingredients
- 5 medium potatoes, cut into quarters
- 5 medium-sized white tofu, cut in half
- stew seasoning
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 4 cloves garlic
- 5 cloves of red onion
- 1/4 segment of ginger (as big as a fingernail / can be skipped)
(Seasoning can be added candlenut if there is)
- 1 lemongrass stalk, crushed
- 2 cm galangal crushed
- 2 bay leaves
- 8 pieces of red and green cayenne pepper
- 4 tbsp sweet soy sauce/adjust
- 1/2 tsp salt/adjust
- 1 tsp stock powder/adjust
- 1 tsp sugar/adjust
- 1 cup water
How to cook stews
- Wash potatoes, drain. Fry tofu until skinned, remove and drain, set aside.
- Saute the ground spices, then add the galangal, lemongrass and bay leaf. Stir until fragrant then pour water.
- After the water boils, add the potatoes. Stir well, wait until the potatoes are soft, if necessary, you can cover them first so they are softer faster. When the potatoes are soft, add the tofu.
- Add salt, powdered broth and sugar. Stir well, then pour the soy sauce. Taste test, if you like it with a little gravy, you can immediately turn off the heat. If you like it a little dry, wait for the spices to infuse. When the spices are absorbed, turn off the heat.
- Transfer in a container. Ready to be served.