Boys didn’t want to peek when I made this. He said that he ate this when he bought it at a tourist place in Java, it tasted bad and made him dizzy, he said.
After I forced myself to try it a little bit, it turns out I’m addicted now, Alhamdulillah.
He said how delicious it was made by my mother. Well, he doesn’t know that food has been hit by his mother’s spell so it’s delicious #kibasrambut.
I don’t know what the difference is, but I think it’s probably just washing it that isn’t clean enough so it still tastes like bad gum.
I just use a simple recipe. Even though it’s simple, it’s delicious. This is the first, if I’m not mistaken, Bun Dianish’s Kitchen recipe. I like it because it’s quick, you don’t need to fry it before pouring it into the caramel solution.
- 1 kg Sweet potato/betatas/bolet/yam yam (don’t know what it’s called)
- 200 grams of good brown sugar, fine comb.
- 1 liter cooking oil (as needed)
- Salt 2 tbsp
How to Make New Snack Recipe GOLD CARANG – KREMESAN UBI – GRUBI
- Peel the sweet potato, wash it clean, then grate it with a cheese grater but it’s a little bigger.
- Soak grated sweet potato with salt and water for about 10 minutes. Then wash again and drain.
- Divide the grated sweet potato into about 5 parts. Because I fried it so 5 times.
- Heat oil, fry grated sweet potato on medium heat.
- When it’s almost dry, put 2 to 3 tablespoons of brown sugar comb into the frying pan. Then slightly reduce the heat and continue to stir until the brown sugar is melted and well mixed with the sweet potato.
- Remove the fried potatoes and drain.
- As long as it’s still hot, immediately knead the fried sweet potato with plastic and cover our hands with a cloth/t-shirt. Don’t be too strong, as long as they can blend together, that’s enough, if they’re cold they’ll be sturdy, won’t fall apart like your heart.
- Repeat all of the above until you’re done. When it’s cold, the brown sugar fried sweet potato won’t be soggy anymore. Can set and crispy.
- Easy isn’t it?
Once again I remind you, you don’t have to press too much on the fists. If you press too much, it will become very hard later.
Don’t worry about the cooking oil. It won’t stick or anything.
For the color is a little bit changed, just a little bit. It’s not black either, it’s still really worth it for me to fry crackers and chips again