Starting from learning with simple ingredients, namely wheat flour and then increasing with almond flour. Then baking in an electric oven and trying to conquer with a “tangkring” oven, it’s all a series of processes that are full of notes. This time Rainbow Macarons with Russian Buttercream filling.
Ingredients Rainbow macarons
- 41 grams egg white
- 38 grams of sugar
- 45 grams almond flour
- 40 grams of powdered sugar
baking instruction for Rainbow macarons
- Puree almond flour with a blender or food process
- Sift together almonds and icing sugar. If there are still coarse almonds, grind with icing until smooth. Put in a bowl, set aside.
- Put the egg whites and sugar in a glass bowl, stir with a whisk and then heat over a pan of heated water, stirring constantly so that the egg whites don’t become cooked. Once the sugar has dissolved, remove the container from the pan.
- Continue by beating the egg whites and sugar that have been dissolved earlier, with a mixer until firm peaks.
- Enter the mixture of almond flour and powdered sugar that has been sifted first. Then do the fold. After folding in the middle, we can spread the meringue mixture to the sides of the container and then collect it again by folding it into the center, and so on until the dough is completely mixed and can form an unbroken ribbon when poured.
- Put it in a plastic triangle and then cut the ends. Press the plastic triangle containing the macaron dough in a straight position on a baking sheet that has been lined with silpat or baking paper and form a circle. Lift slowly then finish. Repeat printing like that, give a distance and do it until the dough runs out.
- Let stand or air the dough that has been formed (can be assisted by AC or fan) until a layer of skin forms on the surface and when touched, does not stick to your fingers. Approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour, depending on temperature and humidity.
- Preheat the oven for at least 15 minutes so that the heat is evenly distributed at a temperature of 150°C, then after that insert the baking sheet containing the macaron dough that has been formed and lower the temperature to 140°C. Once the macaron legs have popped and have baked 10 minutes, lower them again to 125-130°C. until ripe. Total baking time 20°C with top and bottom heat.
- Once cooked, let stand a few moments the cooked macarons in the oven. After 3 minutes, remove from oven and remove from silpat or baking paper when cool.
- Fill with filling