Processing fish does not only provide a good taste. However, you must also pay attention to the preparation process which sometimes takes time.
How to prepare catfish raw materials so that they don’t smell of mud or feed? The key is in handling at harvest, what is it? The treatment of gastric emptying or gastric emptying, the term is that the fish are fasted for several days in the rearing pond, with the aim of helping the fish do not smell.
Second, is the stage of preparing raw materials before processing. This is the second key if the first treatment is missed and the fish to be cooked smells like mud/feed. That is, you can use tapioca flour that is smeared on the body of the fish. Allow a few moments. Wash, then replace the fish glaze with lime / lemon and salt. Then wash again. How is the result? The catfish becomes more doormat, is not slimy, has less unpleasant odor, and is more fragrant. Then marinate with spices. Store in the refrigerator to maintain quality.
Well, maybe some have difficulty in turning off the fish. Some were hit in the head, and so on. My way, just hold the side of the head with the index and thumb slightly pressed and then cut the top almost broken off. Guaranteed not how long the fish will die. No need for blood and mucus to be splattered everywhere.
Catfish made spicy
Relax asolole even though the bag is flat
catfish Pepes Ingredients
- 2 kg catfish
- 200 gr curly red chili (can be big chili)
- 100 g red onion
- 50 gr garlic
- 250 gr fresh tomatoes
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp shrimp paste
- 1 bunch of basil leaves
- 10 lime leaves
- 10-15 banana leaves to wrap
- 20-30 sticks / toothpicks
How to make catfish pepes
- Puree all the spices (shallots, garlic, tomatoes, chilies, salt, shrimp paste)
- Add basil leaves and lime leaves.
- Put the catfish into a bowl filled with ground spices. Let it soak for a while.
- Wrap catfish, lock with sticks on both sides.
- Oven for 30-45 minutes, temperature 250°C, may be burned over the fire.