Online Recipe Competition This time I made Lardy Crown Bread using high protein Interflour Gate Flour, Instant Fermipan Yeast and Chocolate Compound from Chefmate.
Using bread dough without the need to knead, just mix well with a spatula and let stand overnight, the results of the bread remain good and soft for a long time.
This bread is similar to babka, in layers but the difference is that the spread is not using butter/butter but using Lard – which produces a texture between bread and pastry.
In this recipe I replace Lard with shortening or white butter
Here’s the recipe
Lardy Crown Bread
120ml Warm Milk
4gr Instant Yeast – I use Fermipan
Bread Dough Ingredients
250gr high protein flour – I use Interflour Gate
30gr WholeWheat Flour
35gr Butter – melt and let warm
60gr Lard for greasing – I use white/shortening butter
50gr Chocolate Compound Chefmate
100gr Brown Sugar
1/2 tsp Cinnamon Powder
50 ml of liquid milk – can be added if you feel it’s not enough
50gr butter – can be added if you feel it’s not enough
How to make Lardy Crown Bread
- In a bowl, mix the ingredients and let stand 10 minutes until foamy.
Then add the eggs and melted butter, mix well with a spatula.
Then add high protein flour, whole wheat flour, salt – Stir with a spatula until completely blended.
Cover the container with clingwrap with a small hole then let it sit at room temperature overnight for about 6-8 hours. This dough does not need to be kneaded until it is elastic like bread in general.
After 6-8 hours the dough will float at least 3 times. Prepare a base greased with butter. Deflate the dough, transfer it to the base then flatten it with a rolling pin so that it forms a box with a size of approximately 45x30cm
- Grease the entire surface of the dough with white butter then sprinkle with a mixture of sugar and grated Chocolate Compound Chefmate
- Then fold the top and bottom of the dough into the middle like folding an envelope. (dimensions to be 15x30cm). Then roll it with a rolling pin towards the top and bottom then sideways so that the dimensions of the dough become about 30cmx50cm
- Roll the dough up like rolling a mat
- Split the dough lengthwise into two parts, then arrange back to back and twist the dough
Combine each end and place in a 20cm diameter round pan.
Cover with plastic clingwrap, let stand for about 60-90 minutes until the dough has doubled
- Preheat oven to 180c. Brush the top of the dough with liquid milk and bake for 27-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and immediately spread the top with butter
Cool the bread on a cooling rack
Lardy Crown Bread is ready to eat
Lardy Crown Bread recipe - greaTRecipeS
Lardy Crown Bread is similar to layered babka, the difference is that the spread is not using butter/butter but using Lard.
Keywords: bread recipe,