Yeast Mixed Ingredients
- 1 tsp yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 30 ml of warm water
Mix yeast, sugar and warm water, mix well. Put it in a place where the room temperature is warm. Let stand about 10 minutes until foamy.
- 255 g medium protein flour
- tsp salt
- 45 g sugar
- 90 g boiled and finely ground potatoes (net weight/after boiled and finely ground)
- 60 ml warm milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 egg yolks room temperature
- 40 g unsalted butter at room temperature
- 25 g powdered brown sugar
- half tsp cinnamon powder
Mix well brown sugar and cinnamon
How to make Potato Donuts
- Put flour, salt, sugar in a bowl. Mix well and make a hole in the middle.
- Add mashed potatoes, warm milk, vanilla, egg yolks, yeast that has been expanded. Stir until combined and add the butter. Finally, mix by hand until the dough is ready to be kneaded.
- Knead until dough is elastic, about 7 minutes. If it’s too sticky, add a little flour.
- Round shape, cover with a napkin, and put in a warm room temperature. Let rise until dough is about 2 times larger, about 1 hour (depending on room temperature).
- After it has doubled in size, release the gas by deflated the dough.
- Divide the dough into 12 parts.
- Round each piece and place on parchment paper.
- Flatten a little and make a hole in each dough in the middle.
- Cover with a napkin and put in a warm room temperature place. Let rise to about 1 times larger, about 45 minutes (depending on room temperature). After expanding, fry in heated oil. Fry over medium-low heat until the bottom is golden brown and then flip once.
- If the bottom is brownish yellow, remove and drain
- Add toppings.