what is sesame
Sesame is an annual shrub that belongs to the Pedaliaceae family. This plant is cultivated as a source of vegetable oil, known as sesame oil, which is obtained from the extraction of its seeds. Tropical Africa is thought to be the area of origin, which then spread eastward to India and China. In West Africa also found its relative, S. ratiatum Schumach. and S. albumum Thom., where the leaves are used as a salad. S. ratiatum also contains oil, but has a bitter taste because it is mixed with saponins which are also toxic.
snack recipe using sesame
onde onde one
Green bean filling
- 150 g green peas
- 100 ml coconut milk (65 ml instant coconut milk + 35 ml water)
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp margarine
- 1/2 tsp salt
How to make
- Prepare a container, wash the green beans. Then soak for 4 hours. After that drain and steam
- Prepare a steaming pot, if the water is boiling, add the green beans. Steam for 30 minutes or until green beans are tender. Lift
- Prepare the blender, add the green shells. Add coconut milk. If when blending the coconut milk is not enough. Add water so that the beans can be blended
- Cook green beans, prepare a non-stick frying pan. Add the chopped green beans. Add sugar, brown sugar, margarine, and salt. Cook on low heat. If the water has shrunk, and green beans can be formed. Remove and cool.
- Form the green bean filling. Use a weighing scale or measuring spoon so that they are the same size. Round shape with a weight of approximately 10 grams.
- 400 g glutinous rice flour
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 100 g steamed potatoes (mashed)
- 320 ml warm water
- 1 tsp salt
- 200 g sesame
- 5 tbsp water
- 2 liters of cooking oil
- Prepare a container. Enter the rice flour, rice flour, mashed potatoes, sugar, salt. Stir well. Add water gradually. Knead until smooth. If the dough is still dry, add 1 tablespoon of warm water and knead again. Do the same if the dough still feels dry.
- Divide the dough using a scale or measuring spoon, weighing approximately 25 grams.
- Forming onde2, take 1 dough. Flatten it in the palm of your hand, add the contents of the green bean dumplings. Round shape. Dip a little in water, and roll in sesame. Use water to make the sesame stickier.
- fry onde2, prepare a frying pan. Use low heat. Add cooking oil. When the oil is hot, add the onde2. Keep stirring while frying. If the color is brownish yellow, remove and drain