This Content Is Only For Subscribers
Another legendary snack, no gluten too, for the medicine for homesickness.
In Jogja, something like this is called Semar mendem, while this one is clamped by bamboo, poured with areh (thick coconut milk) and then baked, it’s called jadah manten.
It turns out that in other areas it is called differently. That’s the diversity that exists in Indonesia, beloved
I wrote the simple recipe.
Recipe : ( by Marty Purwanto )
Ingredient Semar Mendem
300 gr minced chicken
1/2 tsp coriander
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
500 gr glutinous rice
375 ml coconut milk
5 bay leaves
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp thick coconut milk.
1 tbsp flour
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp mineral water
Instruction Semar Mendem
- Make the filling, mash the coriander, onion duo, salt…then stir-fry and add minced chicken, add sugar, taste test. Set aside.
- Soak the glutinous rice for at least 2 hours, then boil it with coconut milk, bay leaf, salt…until curd, and seasoned.
- Steam the sticky rice for 30 minutes, and pour 2 tablespoons of thick coconut milk.
- Make the skin, beat the eggs, salt, and add flour and water…
- Thin omelette in Teflon…
- Then take 4 tablespoons of sticky rice, give two teaspoons of minced chicken filling, shape it into an oval shape, and wrap it with / omelette.
- Fold and trim.
- So 10 pcs big size, because to be enjoyed alone. So that one meal is immediately full.
- If you want to sell, please set your own material budget and the size of the semar mendem.
- Ready to serve.
Greetings, my friends