Savory pop chicken. Why do I say savory because I added one ingredient that makes this chicken even more savory. Cooked with diungkep on low heat and without opening the lid of the pan. Making this savory pop chicken really tasty, soft, the spices also absorb to the bone. What’s the secret of the savory seasoning?, I usually replace the pop chicken using young coconut water with a mixture of fresh cream, one and a half tablespoons with 700 ml of boiled water.. anyone want to try it.. hehe..
Ingredients for Savory Pop Chicken
- 1 chicken cut or free-range chicken or 2 male chickens
- 1 lime
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 lemongrass stalks crushed
- 4 cm galangal crushed
- 3 lime leaves
- 700 ml of boiled water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of fresh cream or vegetable whipping cream diary (*I use the Vivo brand) or you can also use 700 ml of coconut water, skip boiled water
- 1 tsp chicken stock powder or seasoning to taste
- enough oil for frying
8 cloves of garlic
4 red onions
salt to taste
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN POP
- Cut the chicken into several pieces according to taste and wash thoroughly, you can also remove the skin and then coat with lime juice taken from half a lime. Wash again and then coat with ground spices.
- Pour boiled water into a container, add fresh cream, stir briefly, set aside. Heat the oil in a skillet then add the bay leaf, lime leaves, lemon grass, galangal and powdered stock and add the chicken that has been coated with the spices. Stir, stir briefly then add boiled water that has been added with fresh cream, add the remaining lime juice. Cook with diungkep (cover with a pan or pot lid) on a low fire. Don’t open the lid until the water recedes a bit. Taste for a while if it’s just right, close again immediately. Wait until the gravy or boiling water is almost gone, open the lid and stir until the gravy recedes and the spices absorb. Turn off the heat, remove and drain.
- Heat the cooking oil and then fry the chicken for a while just dip it in really hot oil. Dip back and forth then remove and drain and ready to be served with chili lado ijo.