- 300 grams of sweet potatoes.
- 40 grams of tapioca flour
- 60 grams of rice flour
- 80 grams of glutinous rice flour
- fine salt to taste
Finely combed brown sugar / coconut sugar.
Grated coconut and fine salt to taste steamed. I use dry grated coconut, because the frozen ones have big grated.
HOW TO MAKE :
- Steam the sweet potato along with the skin.
- Remove the steamed potatoes, peel the skin and then puree.
- Mix tapioca flour, rice flour, glutinous rice flour and salt. Stir well.
- Enter the steamed sweet potato that has been finely mashed into the flour mixture. Knead until smooth. Make sure the dough is neither too soft nor too hard. If it’s too hard, add water. If it’s too soft, add glutinous rice flour.
- Take the flour dough, form a round the size of a bekel ball. Press the center with your finger to form a hole and then fill with the brown sugar that has been combed.
- Rub in boiling water until floating and cooked.
- Roll in grated coconut.
After making klepon many times with sweet potatoes, I prefer the mixed flour to just glutinous rice flour because it is softer when kneaded. So I don’t use tapioca flour and rice flour, I don’t like the texture, it’s a bit hard for me. Yes, this is a matter of taste, it can be tweaked according to the wishes of each of us.