Check out this coconut milk sponge cake recipe a year ago. Haven’t thought about rebaking it yet because this sponge cake texture is not my forte. But a month ago, I just remembered that there is a stock of milk powder specifically for cakes that is still intact. The effect is not Holland’s lekker production anymore.
I reread it, you know how come there is no melted margarine? This coincidence. The stock of margarine has been used in the fudgy brownie dough. Let’s execute! ha ha ha..
Thank you to my sis Rina M. The recipe is easy and the results are luxurious.
Coconut milk sponge cake ingredients
- 175 grams of medium protein flour
- 110 grams of powdered milk
- 1/4 teaspoon double acting baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 150 grams of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon emulsifier
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 200 ml instant thick coconut milk (not mixed with water)
How to make Coconut milk sponge cake
- Mix and sift together the flour, milk powder, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Mixer sugar, egg emulsifier and vanilla paste until pale white, shiny and thick with traces.
- Add the flour in three stages of the mixer on low speed for a minute. Stir again with a spatula briefly. Don’t overmix.
- Add coconut milk and mix briefly and turn off the mixer. Mix again with a spatula.
- Pour into a tulban pan greased with margarine. Tap a few times to remove trapped air.
- Bake at a temperature of 150C fire up and down or adjust to the oven you have until cooked.