Serabi comes from the Javanese language which has the basis of the word “rabi” which in Javanese means “to marry”. Maybe because the manufacturing process is quite short and not too long, the Javanese call it the word “Serabi” (like the processing time for one mating).
ingredient for serabi
- 1 egg
- 150 gr of medium protein flour
- 50 gr of rice flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp instant yeast
- 30 gr sugar
- 200 ml of coconut milk
- 50 ml of pandan suji precipitate
- 1/2 tsp salt
- (I use a total of 300 ml. It consists of a mixture of 65 ml of instant coconut milk and the rest is pandan suji sediment water)
How to make serabi
- Mix all ingredients, stir well. Pour the coconut milk little by little, stirring with a whisk until smooth & not lumpy then add the pandan sediment, stir well (for this process I use a mi*chba food chopper) Leave the dough for 30 minutes. (I used 1 hour)
- Heat the frypan then pour 1 spoonful of batter.
(I used a pancake mold with 4 holes) let it get porous, don’t turn it over. Cook until dry, remove & do it until the mixture runs out.
Quinca sauce ingredients
- 350 ml coconut milk (me: 65ml instant coconut milk + 290ml water)
- 100 gr brown sugar, comb (I use 70 gr palm sugar, and 1 tsp sugar)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 sheet of pandan leaves
- 1 tsp cornstarch, dissolved in a little water (I replaced it with rice flour)
How to make Quinca sauce
Cook coconut milk, sugar, salt & pandan leaves until the sugar dissolves then + rice flour solution.. let it boil & start to thicken, remove from heat.
Serve pandan pancakes with kinca sauce.
Traditional recipe - serabi Quinca - greaTRecipeS
Serabi comes from the Javanese language which has the basis of the word "rabi" which in Javanese means "to marry". Maybe because the manufacturing process is quite short and not too long, the Javanese call it the word "Serabi" (like the processing time for one mating).