There are those who prefer to buy gudeg instead of cooking it themselves, that’s fine, to make it more practical and not complicated.
But if anyone wants to try to process it yourself, there’s nothing wrong with that.
Adjusted to our taste, gudeg which is not too sweet and spicy krecek fried chili sauce.
And… if you cook it warm, it can be for two or three days, so tomorrow is a cooking holiday.. energy efficient.
For breaking the fast or sahur… that’s okay…
ingredients for iftar and suhoor GUDEG & KRECEK
- 1 kg of young jackfruit
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 kg chicken
- 1 liter of thin coconut milk
- 400 ml thick coconut milk
- 1 tsp coriander
- 10 shallots
- 4 garlics
- 6 candlenuts
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 250 gr brown sugar
- 3 cm galangal
- 8 bay leaves
How to make GUDEG & CRECEK
- Cut the young jackfruit, set aside.
- Boil the egg and then peel it
- Cut and wash the chicken, set aside.
- In a large saucepan, add the young jackfruit, chicken, boiled eggs, uleg spices, salam, galangal, sugar, pour in the thin coconut milk and boil until the jackfruit is tender and the gravy is reduced.
- Then pour the thick coconut milk.
- Transfer to a rice cooker, set on warm, keep for at least two days.
- If you want to serve, cook in a Teflon pan until the tamarind dries. Taste test.